Quit smoking with FREE help from the American Lung Association and the Greater Washington Urban League!
Join us at the Greater Washington Urban League for an American Lung Association Freedom From Smoking Group Clinic.
Over the course of seven weeks (8 sessions), we’ll set a quit date together, build a quit plan and learn tips on how to stay #smokefree for good.
Wednesday, May 22nd - Wednesday, July 3rd.
Smoking is an addiction—and a hard one to overcome. But quitting is possible, and we know you can do it. Let us help. Join our eight-week quit smoking program, conveniently held at several locations in the DC area. Led by a trained facilitator, the program will show you:
1. How to know if you’re ready to quit
2. Medications and lifestyle changes to make quitting easier
3. How to prepare for your quit day
4. Coping strategies for managing stress and avoiding weight gain
5. How to stay smoke-free for good
Freedom From Smoking Celebrations!
Our Freedom From Smoking Celebrations is how we support and celebrate tobacco users making the decision to start their quit journey! At the event, laptops will be provided for convenient registration for the ‘Freedom From Smoking Plus’ Program. This online program is a highly-interactive behavioral change program that addresses today’s mobile lifestyles. It works on laptops, tablets, desktops, and smartphones. The online program also includes telephone, chat and email support from trained tobacco cessation counselors. If the smoker is interested in an 8 session in-person group clinic, we can get them registered for one in the DC area that day as well.
- ALL Patrons will complete a tobacco use survey upon entry.
- Anyone that registers at the celebration will be entered into Raffle ($25 Gift Card)
Freedom From Smoking Celebration Dates:
- JUNE 20, 2019 - S.O.M.E – 71 O Street NW, DC 20010
- JULY 27, 2019 - Addis Paris Café – 3103 Mt Pleasant Street NW DC 20010
- AUGUST 3, 2019 - Backyard Smokespot BBQ – 4701 Georgia Ave NW DC 20011